Request a Workshop
Thank you for supporting the Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development of SU. Before you complete the request form, please take a minute to review our guidelines.
- Workshops are offered both in person and virtual.
- A minimum of three weeks advance notice is requested to allow time to arrange for a presenter. For immediate requests, please contact Center Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Workshops outside of regular office hours (8 am- 4:30 pm, Monday- Friday) may be accommodated depending on staff availability but are not guaranteed. A minimum of 10 attendees is required for evening/weekend presentations.
- Requests may be limited to one workshop per organization/course per semester.
- Instructors: Please contact the Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center prior to including a career assessment (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Strong Interest Inventory, StrengthsQuest) in your course/syllabus as there are costs associated with these instruments that may necessitate payment by the requesting department.
- Schedule workshop to start at the beginning of meeting or class
- Workshops run between 30 and 75 minutes depending on topic
- Maximum two topics per workshop
- Reserve a room (CMPDC conference room may be available for groups of up to 20 students)
- Provide AV equipment (most workshops require computer/internet access, projector, and speakers)
- After you receive confirmation, communicate with the presenter by email about your goals for the workshop
- Email presenter about any changes in location at least 24 hours in advance of the workshop
Note: If a workshop needs to be rescheduled once it has been confirmed, a new date will be accommodated only if the presenter’s schedule permits.